Blackthorn's Botanical Magic
The Mind's Eye II
"Brilliantly written and jam-packed with practical advice and easy-to-follow recipes, Blackthorn's Botanical Magic is the one book that no magical practitioner can do without." —Dorothy Morrison, author Utterly Wicked: Hexes, Curses, and Other Unsavory Notions
Enter the magical world of scent and aromas. Blackthorn’s Botanical Magic is a fresh, groundbreaking guide to the transformative powers of essential oils for use in spellcraft, divination, and the cultivation of ritual power. Amy Blackthorn—the force behind Blackthorn’s Botanicals—guides readers on a journey into the hidden realms of plants and their magic powers, from rose-scented rosaries to the lingering aroma of frankincense and the cleansing energy of white sage. This book is suitable for beginners but also has lots of new information for the experienced practitioner.
Within these pages, you will discover:
- The rich history and lore of scent-related magic and its use in prayer, meditation, and shamanic journeying
- Over 135 recipes and craft projects for a wide variety of purposes, goals, and desires
- Clear instructions for creating your own botanical magic starter kit
- How to create your own personal botanical oracles, as well as how magical aromatherapy can enhance divination from tarot and pendulums to tea leaves and runes.
- Practical information regarding the purchasing, blending, storing, and safe use of essential oils